PICNIC @ The Wanderer
PICNIC is back again in 2021 to connect local communities with our local businesses throughout the Eastside Sydney area!
The Wanderer will be participating in PICNIC Festivities on Saturday 6th of March, offering a food and drink special, as well as a retro games competition, Mardi Gras Parade viewing party and an afterparty with a live DJ set.
The Wanderer will be offering A specially curated Beer Lover’s or Wine Lover’s Picnic deal. See details below:
- A $20 Rainbow Rising Cocktail
- A $75 Wine Lover’s Picnic
- Including: ‘Thyme-to-Refresh’ Spritz on arrival (grapefruit inspired), Wine Tasting Flight, dip and flatbread spread and salad, cheese and olives.
- A $75 Beer Lover’s Picnic
- Including: ‘Dank-n-Stormy’ on arrival (a grapefruit XPA take on Dark & Stormy), Craft Beer Paddle, 1 schooner beer/cider, basket of wings (BBQ or hot), ½ bruschetta pizza, nuts
- Drag Hosted Retro Games Competition
- Including: Jenga, Shuffleboard, Mariokart N64 & Wii
- This will also include donations to Beyond Blue, made by Beast & Co for the winner! (*limit 1 venue donation per package/person, not per game, however guests can play as many games as they like for fun)
- 6pm-10pm: Hosted live stream of the parade across all TVs as well as projected in the venue
- 10pm-12pm: A Mardi Gras afterparty with DJ Jake Stone performing
With COVID-19 conditions changing from week-to-week, all event and entertainment details will be available here, so keep checking back! You will also have the chance to win Local Rewards Gift Cards to spend at local businesses and other great promotions.
PICNIC is an initiative of the Surry Hills Business Partnership as part of the Head to Surry Hills campaign and Eastside Sydney. PICNIC is an official Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras event and is supported by the City of Sydney.
Stay up to date with the program and booking details by checking in regularly with this site.